find your denim fit – how to measure
To easily find the right jeans and fit, you can take your own measurements. Before you begin, make sure you have a tape measure handy.
- Decide which type of waist you want (high or low), as well as the length and fit that you want for your jeans.
- To measure waist height: measure from the crotch to the waist. Remember to measure higher if you want high-waisted jeans, and a bit lower if you want low-waisted jeans.
- To easily find your natural waistline: tie a length of string around your waist and measure the length where your waist is smallest.
- For a low-waisted style, the jeans waist should rest on the hips.
- Take your hip measurement at the widest point, approximately 20 cm below your natural waistline. This measurement determines your size, and this is especially important when choosing denim without stretch.
- To determine your inseam length (leg length), measure from the crotch to your ankle.
- An inseam length of approximately 81–86 cm is considered a long length; in this case you should choose a jeans style with slightly longer legs (Tall).
- An inseam length of approximately 76 cm is considered Regular.
- An inseam length of approximately 68 cm is considered a short length; in this case you should choose a jeans style with slightly shorter legs (Petite/cropped).
- Many of our jeans styles are available in Petite and Tall in addition to Regular.